Member Transition Resource Center
ConnectYourCare is now part of Optum Financial, and we're excited for what's ahead!
Please visit this resource center often to stay informed every step of the way as integrate our products and services to bring you an enhanced customer experience.
How does this benefit you?
- A deep connection between your health and finances. This layering of health care and financial intelligence means you get the best of both worlds when it comes to your health accounts.
- More value and choice through our innovative suite of products and solutions, advanced technology platforms and educational resources.
- An enhanced customer experience. With increased financial expertise, our focus remains on delivering an exceptional experience through our user-friendly account portal and mobile app and industry-leading tools and resources to help you make the most of your account.
What to expect?
- Optum Financial branding will replace the ConnectYourCare name and brand throughout your account experience.
- Exemplary customer-focused service will continue to be our priority.
- 24/7 customer care center will remain the same for both calls and online chat.
- Payment cards will not be re-issued. You should continue to use the same card until it expires.
- Use the same online account and mobile app to manage your account.
- HealthSafe ID, a new sign-in technology with enhanced security features will be launched in July.
ConnectYourCare website and employer microsites co-branded with Optum Financial.
ConnectYourCare website, member portal, and mobile app rebranded to Optum Financial.
HealthSafe ID, a member sign-in technology launches.
Most account materials and resources will be updated to the Optum Financial brand.
HealthSafe ID is an enhanced, secure way for members to sign in to their accounts. It allows members to use a single username and password across multiple Optum websites. HealthSafe ID uses two-factor authentication and industry-leading technology to keep your members' accounts safe and secure.
HealthSafe ID will launch in mid-July 2021. When you sign in to your account, you will no longer see the ConnectYourCare sign-in page, you will see a HealthSafe ID registration page.
You may delay creating a HealthSafe ID for a period of time, but will eventually be required to create a new username and password to access your account.
• Go to the new Optum Financial sign-in link: secure.optumfinancial.com.
• You’ll see a new HealthSafe ID sign in page. Please click the Member sign in/register button.
• If this is your first time using a HealthSafe ID, enter your existing username and password to upgrade to HealthSafe ID or simply click the Register now button.
(Note: You may be asked to enter some information about yourself to verify your account information.)
• Next, you’ll create your new HealthSafe ID username and password and enter your email address.
• You’ll then need to verify your identity by entering a code that you’ll receive via text or by phone, or you can choose to answer a few security questions.
• After you have successfully verified your identity, a screen will pop up that says Your account has been created. Click the Continue to account button to access your account.
• Important: Once you create your new HealthSafe ID credentials, this is what you will use to sign in to your account. Your old sign-in credentials will no longer work.
Note: If you are using the legacy ConnectYourCare sign-in page secure.connectyourcare.com, you will be redirected to the HealthSafe ID registration page.
If you already have a HealthSafe ID username and password, you do not need to create a new one. Your existing credentials will work across any Optum website that uses HealthSafe ID sign-in technology.
If it's been a while and you forgot your HealthSafe ID credentials, you can easily reset them during the login process.
If you access your account through your employer benefits site using SSO (single sign-on), you do NOT need to create a HealthSafe ID to access your account. Your sign-in process will remain the same.
- The most obvious change will be the look and feel of your account materials. The mobile app, member portal, website, automated notices and account holder materials will be updated to the Optum Financial brand beginning July 2021. [Note: In some cases, ConnectYourCare may appear alongside Optum Financial in legal notices and disclaimers.]
- In July, you will be asked to create a HealthSafe ID to access your account. This new technology uses two-factor authentication and allows you to use one username and password across multiple Optum sites.
You will receive a series of emails to communicate important information to you as we transition to Optum Financial.
If you do not have an email on file, a letter will be sent to the address we have on file for you.
If you do not have an accurate email, please be sure to update it with your employer to ensure that you are receiving the latest and most timely information related to your account.
We encourage you to visit this Transition Resource Center for the latest news, including important dates, FAQs and additional resources.
No, you will continue to contact the same 24/7 customer care center you do today if you need support for your account.
No, you will continue to access the same online account portal and mobile app to view your account information and submit claims.
No, new payment cards will not be issued. You should continue to use your current payment card until it expires.
Beginning in July 2021, as payment cards expire, or if a new or replacement card is requested, an Optum Financial branded card will be issued.
If you already have the myCYC mobile app, you do not need to download a new one. If you have automatic updates enabled on your device, an update will occur in mid-July changing the branding of your mobile app to Optum Financial.
If you do not have our mobile app yet or don't have automatic updates enabled, you should search for “Optum Financial” in the app store to ensure you have the latest version of our app.
You will need to create a HealthSafe ID to access your account using our mobile app.
No, the website [ConnectYourCare.com] will not change at this time, and you can still sign in to your account from the homepage.
If you use the URL [secure.connectyourcare.com] to sign-in to you your account, it will change to an Optum Financial URL in July. Automatic redirects will be in place to ensure you have continued access to your account.
If you have an HSA, the custodian of your account will not change as part of this transition.
HSAs are individual accounts offered through ConnectYourCare, LLC, a subsidiary of Optum Financial, Inc. HSAs are subject to eligibility requirements and restrictions on deposits and withdrawals to avoid IRS penalties. State taxes may apply. Fees may reduce earnings on account. This communication is not intended as legal or tax advice. Federal and state laws and regulations are subject to change.
Flexible spending accounts (FSAs) and health reimbursement accounts (HRAs) are administered on behalf of your plan sponsor by Optum Financial, Inc. and are subject to eligibility and restrictions. Please contact a legal or tax professional for advice on eligibility, tax treatment, and restrictions. Please contact your plan administrator with questions about enrollment or plan restrictions. Federal and state laws and regulations and the design of your plan are subject to change.
Apple, the Apple logo, Apple Pay, Apple Watch, iPad, iPhone, iTunes, Mac, Safari, and Touch ID are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPad Pro is a trademark of Apple Inc. Android, Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google LLC. Data rates may apply.