Financial Notice of Privacy Practices
Information We May Collect About You
In order to provide Services to you, we may collect certain Personal and Non-Personal Information (as defined below) about you, your dependent(s), account beneficiary(ies), or any person you authorize to transact on your account or speak on your behalf.
- Social Security Number
- Date of Birth
- Physical and/or Mailing Address
- Phone Number (residential and/or mobile)
- E-mail Address
- Financial Account Information (i.e., personal bank account, HSA held by another custodian, IRA, etc.)
- Credit or debit card account information
- Information held by credit reference agencies or fraud prevention agencies (in order to assess an application for an account or service)
- Information we collected to verify your identity in the event you need to reset your log-in information with us (i.e., city of birth or mother’s maiden name, etc.)
- Protected health information as defined by HIPAA or applicable state healthcare laws (collectively, “PHI”), including, but not limited to, health plan and medical, dental, vision and other medical benefit information, medical claim information, health care payments or transactions
- Marital status
- Employment Status
- Student Loan Account Information
Non-Personal Information We May Collect about Your Interactions with CYC Sites:
- Internet Protocol (“IP”) Address
- Browser Type
- Operating System
- Internet Service Provider (“ISP”)
- Clickstream data
- Unique device identifier
- Mobile carrier and location
- Browser location
How We Collect Your Information
To perform our Services or otherwise conduct business, we may collect Personal Information about you from applications or other forms, health plans and providers, your employer or benefits administrator or other employer-designated benefit provider, and our partners.
How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We may use and disclose to affiliated or nonaffiliated third parties the information we collect about you for a number of purposes including, but not limited to, the following:
- To perform services or functionality necessary to administer our products and services for you;
- To open, administer, and maintain your accounts or to otherwise manage your account;
- To verify your identity and protect your account from fraud or financial loss;
- • To prepare account statements or file tax reporting documents;
- To make payments to health care providers or other payments you authorize;
- To assist your employer, or other employer-designated benefit partner, in administering or facilitating the receipt of benefits and benefit-related information;
- To customize our delivery of content to you;
- To market to you as permitted by applicable law;
- To deliver and improve upon our own service offerings and user experience;
- To facilitate our own corporate restructuring or corporate change in the event of any merger, financing, acquisition, insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership;
- To comply with our legal obligations in response to lawful law enforcement requests or other government official requests; when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss; in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity; or as required for company audits or to investigate a complaint or security threat.
We do not sell or rent your Personal Information or any other information collected about your interactions with us.
Who We May Share or Disclosure Your Information To
Non-Affiliated Third Party Service Providers:
We may use and disclose the information collected about you to affiliated or non-affiliated third parties with whom we contract for services. We will use or share only the minimum amount of Personal Information needed for a particular purpose with these third party service providers. We contractually require third parties with whom we share your information to protect and safeguard your information and we prohibit the use of your Personal Information for any reason except to provide the services requested by us.
We may disclose your Personal Information to our corporate affiliates such as our parent company, subsidiaries, joint ventures or other companies under a common control. In such cases, we will require our affiliates to honor this policy.
Your Employer, Health Plan, Retirement Provider or other Third Party Partners:
If you open or maintain an account or use other Services in association with your employer, health plan, health insurance company, payroll company, benefits administrator, retirement plan, financial institution, or other third party entity, we may disclose information about your account or other Service to the associated entity. This information sharing may include your Personal Information and account information, including but not limited to, type of account or Service, account balance, investment balance or activity, transaction activity and history, and contribution amounts. This information may be stored on the third party’s servers or systems and we are not responsible for the third party’s security or privacy practices.
Collection of Minor Information
We do not intentionally gather Personal Information from individuals under the age of 13. If you think that we have collected Personal Information from a child under the age of 13 through this website, please contact us.
Use of Non-Personal Information Collected About Your Interaction with CYC Sites
As noted above, we collect information about your interactions with our Sites and your use of our Services, including, but not limited to your IP Address, browser type, operating system, ISP, cookies, clickstream data, unique device identifier, mobile carrier, or browser location. Except to the extent required by applicable law, or to the extent this information is combined with your Personal Information, we do not consider this data to be CYC-collected Personal Information.
We record your IP address and certain transaction-based activity regarding the date, time and user performing the transaction. Furthermore, changes to system configurations are logged for audit and quality control purposes.
Mobile Application Tracking Technologies:
Our mobile application may include certain tracking technologies that may automatically collect information about your mobile device. This information is generally used to help us deliver the most relevant information to you. Examples of information that may be collected and used include your geographic location, how you use the Sites and Services, and information about the type of device you use. This information is sent to us as aggregated information and is not traceable to any individual and cannot be used to identify an individual.
Analytics and Tracking Aggregators:
We use third-party analytic services to gather information about who visits our Sites and what their interactions are, such as which webpages were visited, how often webpages are visited, or how much time a visitor spends on a webpage. In addition to the tracking technologies we place, other companies may set their own cookies or similar tools when you visit our Sites.
Data Transfers Outside of the United States
We may disclose Personal Information collected about you to our affiliates, non-affiliates and to third party vendors or partners who assist us with providing Services. In some cases, this may require your information to be sent to countries outside of the United States. By supplying your information on our Sites, you consent to your Personal Information being transferred across international borders, unless otherwise agreed to in writing.
To access certain Services on our Sites, you must complete an online user registration. In order to register you will be required to give Personal Information such as your date of birth, CYC payment card number and social security number. This information is used to verify your status with us and to provide you access to certain online account Services. Once you complete an online user registration, you will need to create a User ID and password. For your security, please do not share your User ID or password or allow a computer with public access to “remember” this information.
We use extensive physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to make sure your Personal Information is secure. It is our policy to send and receive Personal Information through encrypted channels only. All information provided on our Sites is processed using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption.
Links to Partner Sites
This site contains links to other sites. We do not share any information with our partners unless it is necessary for the performance of a service. We cannot guarantee, though, that links to sites we do not own or control have the same privacy practices, and we cannot assume responsibility for information our partners gather themselves. Be sure to read our partners’ privacy policies once you leave our Sites.
Electronic Communications You May Receive From Us
We may send you Services-related electronic communications including email, text messaging, and app push notifications. You may opt-out of receiving certain promotional or marketing communications by (i) for email, following the opt-out instructions provided in the email; or (ii) for text messages, text the word “STOP” and (iii) for app push notifications, turn off push notifications on the settings of your device and the mobile app, as applicable. You may also control your email and text communication settings by updating your communication preferences in your secure CYC portal.
Even if you opt-out of receiving certain electronic promotional or marketing communications, we may continue to send you other communications necessary to inform you of your account activity or ongoing relationship with CYC. For example, CYC may continue to send you electronic information pertaining to your account balance or transaction activity, when we suspect fraud or a security compromise of your account, or other service-related information.
Updating or Changing Your Personal Information
You may update, change or delete certain information we have collected about you by visiting your CYC account profile and account information via our secure portal. You may also update certain Personal Information that is provided to us by calling (877) 292-4040. Your Personal Information can also be updated through data provided to us from your employer, and in certain cases, we may not be able to update your information unless the request is made to us by your employer. While we will make good-faith efforts to make the requested changes to your Personal Information, we may not completely remove, delete or archive all of your Personal Information.
We will retain and use your Personal Information as required to fulfill our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. CYC reserves the right to retain data as required by applicable law and for so long as reasonably necessary to fulfill the purposes for which the data is retained except to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
Contact Us Regarding Privacy Complaints and Inquiries
- Call us at the number listed above;
- File a written complaint with our privacy officer at the following address: ConnectYourCare
307 International Circle, Suite 200
Hunt Valley, MD, 21030
- Contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, however, please refrain from sending us an email that contains your confidential information such as, social security number or health information.